Teeth Whitening Methods
When asked what would most likely be the number one thing that can improve one’s smile: having whiter teeth will certainly top the list. Almost 75% of adults believe that an unpleasant smile can hurt the chances of a person to achieve career success or gain a stable position within the society. Somehow, white teeth became a status symbol, primarily because you would hardly see a celebrity walking down the red carpet while flashing a yellowish set of teeth.
What Causes Tooth Discoloration?
- Coffee and tea: coffee and tea fanatics would have to decrease the number of cups they consume everyday to avoid staining their teeth
- Smoking: not only is tobacco smoking bad for the health, nicotine and other compounds contained in tobacco products will cause teeth discoloration or staining
- Sweets: too many sweets promote tooth decay and plaque. Minimize sugary food consumption.
What is Teeth Whitening and how do methods help a person achieve that pearly white smile?
- Whitening Toothpaste: When looking at teeth whitening comparison tables and charts, whitening toothpaste may not place well. This is because it takes longer before one can even see visible results. However, this is extremely inexpensive and easy to use compared to other products and methods being introduced in the market presently. These toothpastes contain abrasives that wash off stain and chemicals like hydrogen peroxide which is a natural cleaning agent.
- In-Office Laser Whitening: when people talk about laser, it would always be linked with time and speedy results. Dental cosmetologists perform this method using bleaching gels and laser light. They also closely monitor progress of teeth. Arguably, it is the best teeth whitener today. However, this great outcome in more or less than an hour entails cost. This procedure may cost you $100 to $1000 dollars.
- Natural whiteners: some of the fruits that are believed to whiten teeth are strawberry and lemon. Strawberries are mashed and then applied onto the teeth. These fruits have enzymes that help bleach the teeth. Lemon plus salt is also a combination that has shown varied potential. The only downside here is the waiting period for the results to be visible.